List of all the Carnivals in Canada
Here’s a quick preview of all the carnivals in Canada
- “Caribe-Expo” — In the city of Ottawa in Ontario, Canada.
- “Carifiesta” — In the city of Montreal in Quebec, Canada, typically 2–3 weeks before Toronto’s carnival
- “Toronto Caribbean Carnival — In Toronto, Ontario, it draws close to a million visitors to the city. (www.torontocarnival.ca)
- “Carnival”(cancelled) — In the city of Hamilton, 1 week after Toronto’s Caribana.
- “Carifest” — In the city of Calgary in Alberta, Canada.
- “Cariwest” — Held annually the second week of August in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Cariwest boasts an amazing display of masqueraders in the main parade, and is a beautiful festival full of food and entertainment in the heart of downtown.
- Barrie’s Caribfest (parade has been cancelled since 2011)
A unique attraction distinguishing this Caribbean event is its location. This dynamic, exciting event features some of the best Canadian and international Caribbean performers in music, dance, costumes, and world drumming. Events are held from Friday to Sunday throughout every third weekend of August. The Grand Parade in Toronto is held on the first Saturday of August to commemorate the abolition of the slave trade on August 1st, 1838.