Baked Lobster & Spinach Mac & Cheese
Good comfort food can be very easy to make, here’s a recipe everyone in the family can love…
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound elbow macaroni
I PACKAGE OF FROZEN SPINACH
1 quart milk
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, divided
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
4 cups grated Gruyere cheese
2 cups grated extra-sharp white Cheddar
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/2 pounds cooked lobster meat
1 1/2 cups fresh white bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Defrost frozen spinach per package instructions
- Drizzle oil into a large pot of boiling salted water. Add the pasta and cook according to the directions on the package, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, warm the milk in a small saucepan, but don’t boil it. In another pot, melt 6 tablespoons of butter and add the flour. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring with a whisk. Still whisking, add the hot milk and cook for a minute or two more, until thickened and smooth. Take pot off the heat, add the Gruyere, Cheddar, 1 tablespoon salt, the pepper, and nutmeg. Add the cooked macaroni, spinach and lobster and stir well. Place the mixture in an oven safe pyrex dish.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, combine them with the fresh bread crumbs, and sprinkle on the top. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and the macaroni is browned on the top.